Ok, so I know that it is a new year and you all have resolutions to keep…but I could not resist sharing this amazing recipe with you all! My Aunt baked these delicious cookies for Christmas and let me tell you… they were a hit!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
Add egg, vanilla, and lemon juice and beat until combined.
With mixer on low, beat in flour mixture
Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, 1 inch apart, onto two baking sheets.
Bake until edges are golden, 15 to 20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
Let cool 2 minutes on sheets, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Spread cookies with Lemon Glaze and let set, about 1 hour.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, and 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice until smooth.