About 30 minutes after posting yesterday’s post, I received a phone call from my school. They called off school today!! I was so happy!
So what did I do on my day off? I slept, went to Costco, finished my homework, read some blogs, played with my dogs, and of course I baked!
Garth had a tough time walking through the snow! I couldn’t help but to laugh at him
Ok, so I mentioned that I baked. After finding a chocolate chip protein cookie recipe on Pinterest (of course), I wanted to give it a try. The result?
I went back onto my computer and looked up ways to make cookies less cakey and more chewy. My second attempt (circle 2) was with brown sugar added and my third attempt was with butter added. After the third attempt, I gave up on these cookies. I got back onto my computer and found another protein cookie recipe. The only problem was that it was a peanut butter cookie recipe. For those of you who don’t know, I don’t like peanut butter. So I decided to make a few minor tweaks and changed the recipe to almond butter cookies
Almond Butter Protein Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 banana (or 2 tbsp applesauce)
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (I used whey)
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sugar (or 1/2 stevia)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in a medium bowl
- In a separate bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients
- Roll dough into balls (will be a little sticky)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
These cookies may not look all that exciting, but they are chewy and full of flavor! These are perfect pre-workout or post-workout snacks!
Did you have a snow day today?
Have you ever made protein cookies?